Exclusive Kauri Sponsor
The organising committee will be in touch with information on the availability of conference presentations shortly.
Planning is well underway for the 2019 ANZIF conference; “The Forest Newsfeed: Communicating forestry in the connected age” to be held in Christchurch at the University of Canterbury between 25th and 28th August 2019. We are expecting in excess of 300 attendees for conference, and a good turnout from our Australian colleagues, always a highlight of the ANZIF conferences. Given expected demand we encourage you to block the conference dates out in your calendar and register as early as possible.
We have an exciting and very topical programme lined up which includes:
- Hearing from local and international industry leaders, all experts in their field.
- The ever popular social functions including the ANZIF Awards Dinner as well as three exciting new or recently introduced events; the Future Foresters quiz night, the Woman in Forestry breakfast and a dedicated mentoring session available to all forestry professionals.
- A field trip to the Port Hills in Christchurch to look at learnings from the recent Port Hills fires and how location as well as planning and policy controls have restricting re-establishment options and the ongoing operation of an associated adventure park
- Networking time to reconnect with your industry colleagues, speakers and sponsors
- Post conference tours for those looking to enjoy the sights of Queenstown or Nelson.
- A focus on students and the contribution they make to our industry on both sides of the ditch
Mentimeter at the ANZIF conference for Polling questions:
Procedure for the audience members. On a phone, tablet for laptop, go to www.menti.com and enter the number for the session that is written on the
whiteboard. Enter questions and/or vote up questions that others have entered.